After applying a few months ago for a Junior position at Thynne Design in Ilkley, I'd heard nothing back, so I decided to chase him up. I managed to get myself an interview.
After updating my portfolio, printing a few bits out, including a CV, I went along to the interview not really knowing what to expect. Their website didnt specify how big the company was, but the work was very impressive and did a bit of everything - my kind of style. They do branding, packaging, advertising and web design, 3 out of which I feel I do well.
I turned up at an old Gym building and worked my way through to a tiny studio inside, with just 2 desks and a dog bed. Jonny, the owner, and the only guy within the company was lovely, hadn't done any interviews before and had always worked on his own, but it was a pretty successful interview I'd say. Having prepared a few questions about the company, I showed a lot of interest and enthusiam, as did jonny in responding. He seemed to like the work within my portfolio and stated we have similiar working methods. He said i'd hear back within about 2 weeks about whether i'd been succesful or not which I look forward to hearing form hopefully!
The job as a whole:
4 Days a week
8:30am - 5pm
£13,000
3 Month trial period
At 6 months upto 5 days a week
His website:
The work he produces:
Monday, 20 May 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment