Monday, 10 September 2012

Glad Placement: Report






Glad Placement Report

Name: Stephanie Lawson

Age: 20

College/University: Leeds College of Art

Interests:
Illustration, Paper craft, Type, Typewriters and Running

Fascinating Fact:
I have lived in over 12 different houses

Placement Highlight:
I must say, the last day was my placement highlight, listening to a studio play the Fimbles theme tune, out loud, without shame is not an everyday occurrence, and one I must witness again! Aside from that, being given the Northern Design Centre Kitchen motivational wall poster brief was an amazing opportunity to work to my skills, and do something I really love. But also being challenged with briefs I wasn't so comfortable with, and pulling through gave me hope that I can do what I set my mind to. The feedback sessions have been a brilliant factor of the placement, alongside the company of the Junior Designers, Sam and Ant, and the ideas and laughs they provided. The atmosphere of the studio was something I didn't expect, although a working creative environment, its very relaxed and a pleasure to be in.

Anything Else:
The placement at Glad was the best I've done so far, providing briefs which works with your existing skills and challenges them. Everyday, even with the long commute I was excited to come in and see what the day had ahead of me. This placement has made me excited for what lies ahead of graduation, especially if there is cheesecake involved. I wish Glad all the best for the future!

Find out more about me/see my work at:
http://cargocollective.com/Slouises
www.etsy.com/shop/SLouises

No comments:

Post a Comment