Todays been a very productive day. I carried on this morning with the publication cover, adding some more textures, and pushed forward the colours used within the clients work, finding a gold texture, pushing than onto my detailed vectors. Once I was happy with my result, I showed Dave who was happy with the final result and to move onto to another brief. Me and another work placement, John, were briefed on a branding job, to produce a logo for a Music theatre network company. The idea was to combine music and theatre into either an image or type based logo to represent the company, but to also push forward the idea of networking.
I first brainstormed looking at the different aspects I could push, first looking at lingo used within music and theatre but found it would be too typographic and would take the attention away from the brand. I then looked at illustrating objects which are related to the culture industry, and combining them to make one image. I came up with a few clever ideas. After lunch Dave asked to see our work and talk through it with us, giving us a few pointers and ideas to take forward and push in the afternoon. Although I'm really not a fan of branding, I did find myself getting the hang of it once I'd done quite a few designs, I think its with everything, once you do a lot, you get better.





No comments:
Post a Comment