BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
|
LEVEL
|
05
| |
Module Code
|
OUCE255
| ||
Module Title
|
ENTERPRISE
| ||
END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION
|
NAME
|
Stephanie Lawson
|
BLOG. ADDRESS
|
sl-lawson1013-ppd.blogspot.com
|
Throughout this module, through completing tasks, and working with a group of creatives I have gained a wider and extensive knowledge of business, what its all about, how it work and what competitors there are out there. It's really opened my eyes to the many possibilities there is for a graphic design to do after graduation. My research skills have certainly been put to the test, writing long, extensive lists of things which need looking into, completing action plans do this, as a group, to make sure its done on time as a collective. I've also come to realise how much research can be done, in so many ways. I found primary research key within this module, it gave us the best feedback and direct answers for our questions, I managed to build a good relationship with a solicitor who was emailing me back and forth throughout the module providing me with great information. As a Graphic Designer I know its key to have a good relationship with clients, among other creatives; being professional in your approach is something I've developed over this module too.
Time keeping I found very difficult within this module, especially with working with 3 others. Some of my group members were awful with time keeping, simply didn't turn up to enterprise meetings, which meant as a whole we got behind in workload. Unfortunately I don't think there was much way I could have avoided this - possibly choosing my team in accordance to their commitment and time keeping skills. In a positive light I had to become a very patient person, which I feel is somewhat needed within this line of work, clients aren't always going to immediately return calls and emails, there will always be hold back in regard to making deadlines. Myself, I managed to keep on top of my own individual tasks, using several action plans, diaries and extensive lists.
Time keeping I found very difficult within this module, especially with working with 3 others. Some of my group members were awful with time keeping, simply didn't turn up to enterprise meetings, which meant as a whole we got behind in workload. Unfortunately I don't think there was much way I could have avoided this - possibly choosing my team in accordance to their commitment and time keeping skills. In a positive light I had to become a very patient person, which I feel is somewhat needed within this line of work, clients aren't always going to immediately return calls and emails, there will always be hold back in regard to making deadlines. Myself, I managed to keep on top of my own individual tasks, using several action plans, diaries and extensive lists.
I found working in a group very challenging and began to fit the role of an instigator and all round general organiser. I was able to deliver tasks, deadlines and roles to my group members befitting their own skills. I feel its a strength down to the fact our group had some organisation, without it we would have fallen apart.
For the presentation I did an extensive amount of research, finding out a lot of information about business generally, and specifically to our own needs. My drive and ability to plough through books and websites I found surprising, I didn't think I'd have enough motivation or interest in the subject, but soon found myself wanting to know more about the way our business could work as a whole. So overall a main strength is how much information I was able to find and translate to my team and into a presentation.
Regarding the set tasks, at first I found difficult to complete them, but I went back and adapted my initial responses after finding out more information through the course of producing the presentation. I was able to provide a lot of detail and appropriate terminology.
A weakness within my work was certainly the organisation of my group as a whole. Some of us were more committed than others, which meant a few disagreements between us. Tasks which needed doing, didn't get done on time, so as a collective I don't think we were strong enough.
Our presentation as a whole I felt was good, but we didn't engage with the audience enough. We needed to provide more imagery, possibly of our design work, add some humour and speak more with those watching, rather than at them. I've never been brilliant at giving presentation, my lack of confidence gets the better of me, along with my shaky hands, which is something I'm definitely something I'm going to have to work on.
Our presentation as a whole I felt was good, but we didn't engage with the audience enough. We needed to provide more imagery, possibly of our design work, add some humour and speak more with those watching, rather than at them. I've never been brilliant at giving presentation, my lack of confidence gets the better of me, along with my shaky hands, which is something I'm definitely something I'm going to have to work on.
Next time I think I will be more 'picky' when it comes to choosing who I work with, making sure they are committed and able to do the job at hand. This is certainly an ideal time to write up contracts, it would give me, and us as a group more confidence that everyone will do the tasks needed. To approach the presentation with confidence, I need to show my interest in the topic at hand, to make an audience engage with me, and what I am saying.
How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor
Attendance - 5
Punctuality - 5
Motivation - 4
Commitment - 5
Quantity of work produced - 5
Quality of work produced - 4
Contribution to group - 5

No comments:
Post a Comment