TASK
Based on the principles that have been introduced so far in the Enterprise module and your findings in previous tasks, evaluate the most suitable marketing methodologies for your own practice and the effective methods to reach your potential customers.
It is essential that you make references to some of the methodologies in the 'Marketing Communication Mix' and evaluate the 'Place' that will give you the greatest competitive advantage and be convenient for your clients/customers.
This is an exercise in applying that theory- it is not appropriate to write about the theory itself.
Demonstrate your understanding of it by actually using it.
In responding to this task you should consider the following questions:
What do 'they' want to hear?
What should I say to 'them'?
How will I communicate with 'them'?
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS/DELIVERABLES
The results of your research should be posted to your Enterprise blog and summarised by a 250 word statement/evaluation. You should aim to illustrate your opinions with relevant examples of contemporary design practice.
Response to task
I would like to do freelance at some stage of my career, the earlier the better, just to kick things off. With this, comes a huge amount of self promotion, if it's ever going to work. No one is going to of heard of my before, I need to make them listen, especially if this becomes my main source of income.
I like personal methods in approaching potential buyers; targeted advertising. Sending some form of mail shot, post card, or pack to advertise my skills and designs visually is possibly the best way to engage with a potential customer.
The products I make and intend to sell are varied, I make cards, frames, chalk boards, posters and small visual art books of my own work. These kinds of products could be promoted at a small craft fairs and exhibitions, which are always popular when located correctly. That being of a main city street, within the centre in which a lot of passing trade is apparent. Craft fairs, although an income source, only occur every so often so can't possibly be a main source on income. Promoting and selling my work on websites such as Etsy means I have an on going, available to all, online store in which my work can be sold worldwide. I don't intend on just working for myself though, such freelancers, as Kate Sutton have worked for huge companies, I intend to do the same. To promote myself to the extend companies approach me, now thats obvioulsy a long way off, and quite ambitious, but hopefully one day!
Kate sutton : The big Issue
Kate sutton: Cooler magazine



No comments:
Post a Comment