Friday, 18 January 2013

Networking - Unit - studio visit

So last week I decided to quickly send Unit studio an email which is based in Leeds to see if I could simply pay a visit one time soon:

Email sent:


Hello to all at Unit,


My name is Stephanie Lawson, I'm currently undertaking my 3rd year of BA (hons) Graphic design at Leeds College of Art.

I've been following your website and works for a few years now, and have found it very influential to my own practise; 
Your 'Situation Leeds, Wheres the muck?' project I found quite amazing, due to the way you've identified a useless space in an everyday environment, and with a strong concept and idea, have made it something creatives can make their own. It really reflects Leeds as a growing creative city and community, something I want to play part of.
It has since made me a lot more aware of the purpose of design, and the way I, as a designer, can have an impact.

I would really like the opportunity to visit your studio, to see how you work. I understand it a busy environment and would value your time greatly

I look forward to hearing from you soon,


Stephanie Lawson

Just a few days later I was really happy to gain a response, Si, contacted me saying a studio visit would be fine, and to arrange a time to come in. I've suggested next friday, but also asked if it would be possible to bring my Portfolio along for a bit of feedback. He got back to me confirming the date, we have yet to confirm a time.
I intend on making sure I thoroughly go through their website just to remind myself of their work as I want to be able to talk to them as much about their practise as my own. I'm really hoping it will lead to some kind of placement, as Its a studio I'm really fond of, and its super local.

No comments:

Post a Comment